PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, December 21, 2012

Wrapping Party



 If there is anything more satisfying than being with good buddies it's being productive with good buddies!!!  :)  Last night I gathered some of my wonderfully beautiful and funny old college girlies together for one of my favorite kinds of parties...a wrapping party!!!   Everyone showed up at my house in their pajamas, a couple of rolls of wrapping paper in hand and boxes and boxes of presents to wrap.  I supplied the tape, scissors, ribbons, embellishments, etc.

I LOVE this kind of party because it makes wrapping SO MUCH FUN!!!  Grab a glass of wine, laugh with your friends and get yourself organized!!!  Christmas is FIVE days away so we got down and dirty, rolled up the sleeves and wrapped those boxes like there was no tomorrow (and then celebrated our productivity with a bowl of soup and a glass of wine)!! :))

Check out the pics of the wrapping goodies station I set up...


I used Amanda's pink snowman collection from Amanda's Parties To Go.  I love this set because its so girly but still Christmas-y.


I had a variety of different package toppers.  I love using inexpensive ornaments to embellish presents and I also made little paper circle fans out of scrapbook paper topped off with wooden embellishments found at Michaels.  Those turned out so sweet and super cute!!!

The backdrop of the "gift wrap goody table" included different decorated packages.  I wanted to give some examples of how to use the embellishments to spice up your presents...when I was setting up the table my daughter said, "Mommy WHY are you putting presents up there like that??" (in a tone like you've lost your mind!!)  Yes dear, your mommy HAS lost her mind (a long time ago actually)...accept it.  ;)  


Ummmm tape and scissors!!  HELLO!?!?  Can't have a wrapping party without plenty of each!! ;)  





How sweet are these little gift tags from Amanda's collection?!

Pretty fabric bows on cupcake stands. 

One of my girlfriends was examining the tape and asked me how I got the decorated paper inside the tape.  All I did was pop the roll of tape out, then I took the paper that was already in there and used it to trace the shape out on scrapbook paper, cut it out, stuck it in there and replaced the tape back...




 Lots of ribbon on hand!!!!





 Happy Wrapping to you all!!! 

 oh yeah, and Merry Christmas too!!!  :))




6 comments:

  1. Last year after Christmas I bought everything *every.thing* that I needed to have this adorable party, and it never happened. So depressing. And I still have nothing wrapped. I'm in trouble. Big time. Please please please move to Idaho, would you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely, what a wonderful idea to make a really simple but stressful part of Christmas fun. Have a wonderful Christmas, and I look forward to reading more of you in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to present something back and help others such as you helped me.limo service from CT to Manhattan cruise terminal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful blog post. Thanks for sharing awesome post. I like this blog very much also i bookmarked your blog and will come soon for the new blog post. Good work. Financial Markets Coaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are even times when I feel so down but now I will feel better right after checking your blogs. I want to thank you for your time and especially for this amazing blog ted lasso jacket . I absolutely loved each little bit of it and I additionally have you bookmarked to see new things on your site.

    ReplyDelete